First of, a big thank you to mynycphotography for the nomination.
The rules are as follows:
- Refer back to your Liebster-Award nominee in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 to 11 new blogger for the Liebster-Award.
- Put together a new list of 11 questions for your nominees.
- Add these rules to your Liebster-Award blog post, and inform your nominees about this post.
These are my responses to mynycphotography’s questions:
- Why did you start your blog?
I started blogging for a number of reasons, the main one being that I wanted some constructive critique on my images.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I started my blog in December 2013, so it’s been two years now.
3. How long have been taking pictures?
Technically my first camera was a little throw-away analogue camera, when I was five, but I’ve been taking photos ‘properly’ (in manual mode, with considerations about composition and so forth) since 2012.
4. What is your favorite picture that you shot yourself?
This is a hard one. My favourite image changes multiple times a day, based on my mood. Imogen Cunningham once said, “Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow.” As of right now, these are my favourites:
Thursday, 22 October
Friday, 25 September
Saturday, 24 October
5. What is your favorite picture by somebody else?
Again, this seems to change according to mood, but my favourite photographers include Jake Olson (portraiture), Erik Johansson (fine art), Dina Belenko (still life), Elke Vogelsang (pets) and Peter Hurley (headshots). A collection of my absolute favourite photos (quick confession: there are over 700!!) can be found on my 500px account.
6. Can you describe your photography style?
High contrast, minimalist, and conceptual.
7. Do you have a favorite object that you like to shoot?
No, but when I’m in a rut I usually revert to backlit leaf veins.
8. Besides camera and lens, what accessory do you use most often?
My off-camera speed-light.
9. Is there a photography skill that you wish you were better at?
10. How do you try to improve your skills?
I am currently doing a 365 project, which entails a lot of photography practice, and has hugely improved my photography. I also enjoy looking at online photography articles.
11. Do you prefer color or black and white photography?
I think both have their place, but generally I prefer black and white photos.
And here are my questions:
1. Where do you get your inspiration?
2. Are you working on a specific photography project at the moment? If so, describe it.
3. Do you have a favourite photographer who you get your inspiration from?
4. What is your favourite photographic genre?
5. Natural or artificial light?
6. Processing: yay or nay?
7. Describe your photographic style.
8. What got you into photography?
9. What is the best photographic advice that you ever got?
10. Apart from your camera, what is your favourite photographic accessory?
11. Do you prefer taking photos inside or outside?
I nominate the following blogs: